Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cafe Sale

I am working on a new book with Cafe Sale right now..and I am including some very old images.
I found a bunch that were really fun...like this one from a few years back.
It's interesting to see that , at the time, I was using ONLY flash...no photoshop.

Because of that, I was paying more attention to colors and their vibrancy from the get go rather than what I do now which is refining them later, in photoshop.
I am not saying that the images then were better than now, but that they have changed quite a bit over time. I think that technically, I could do this again, but I am not sure I'd have the mind set for it right now.

I feel that as an artist, we have to let ourselves evolve and not be afraid of letting go of the things we know in order to discover and learn new ones.



5 comments:

Aseph ( as-if ) :-) said...

Well said man, your work has evolved allot but honestly your old work still holds up to the new stuff. Which is pretty darn amazing! Great work and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I am fairly new to your blog, but I am turning into a big fan! I love the feelings your images evoke. I look forward to each post! Thank you for sharing.

Thomas Roisland said...

I agree, this image is very strong, at the same time it looks a bit different from your current work, which is cool. It would be interesting to see you re-create an old image, like you did with the bicycle one, and then see the difference in technique and style :) great work man!

ALFONSO SALAZAR said...

I can´t agree more! Really looking forward to see the book!

pascal said...

Thank you.Aseph.. Thank you.. I don't disagree at all.. I think what is happening is that my goals are always evolving, like a moving target...when I get close to doing what I think i want to do, I discover something else..
It's not that what I am doing at the moment is bad..just my perception of it changes based on the new places I want to go.

Thomas.. absolutely. that is a great idea. I should try that.

Thank you Alfonso and anonymous